Saturday 15 December 2012

13 Ways to Screw up you College Interview...





13 Ways to Screw up your College Interview was a wonderful, exciting and humorous play, I could not stop laughing and smiling at each and every scene. 

At arrival I assumed my seat at the top of the TAB and patiently waited for the play to begin by conjuring conversations with my peers. The play was introduced by Ms. Bendick and she also introduced faculty members and some of the parents that may be on the board on the school. The play began with Misha Rafiq’s scene, where she assumed that any question asked to her, she would interpret it in a different way, therefore this was a funny scene.

Out of the entire play, I enjoyed and admired two scenes, which were incredibly portrayed.  The first scene I enjoyed was Raees Saeed’s; his fantastic acting skills drew me towards the stage and made me sit at the edge of my seat, waiting to gabble out my laughter, his character shone through him and his acting emotions, every line allowed me to believe as if he was the character he was playing, although I would have desired it to be longer, nevertheless very well done.

The second one was Zuhair Tauqeer’s, he played the character that had many “bad” childhood experiences, which in reality were mere issues or things which come with growing up and living your life. Every one of his flashbacks to the past were hilarious, his eye contact with the audience and his humorous tone and weeping, were very plausible and excellent. There was a part in his scene where he was crying and hugging the interviewer (Yusuf Khawaja), he also coughed at the interviewer, and I don’t believe that this was intentional, it was due to him being sick and in the stages of recovering, nevertheless he played this into his scene and this is the best thing that an actor can do, make every non intentional which is not in the script, a part of it, therefore implement it in the act and so the audience would never know the difference from the script and what has been added to it. He did a phenomenal job at this and it played very well for the audience as they laughed their socks off.

The scene that made me laugh the most was Salman Asghar’s , way to screw up your college interview. This bizarre and random interview drew me towards the edge of my seat with laughter. The “gorilla” like dance was implemented very well by Salman and the music or song which was played, complemented the dance.

The only thing I didn't like about the play was that the scenes were short, although the play finished within an hour, I would have wanted longer scenes but nevertheless it was a fantastic play and very well choreographed by students and teachers. A job well done, I look forward to the next play. 

1 comment:

  1. i agree that although the play was funny, making it even longer per scene could have made the actual play more interesting.

    ReplyDelete